I was thinking of the top ten issues facing America as the election approached, things like:
- Obamacare – Will increase our taxes and drive spending even beyond our current fiscal cliff, drive doctors away from the industry through lower pay and higher regulation, create a VA like health care atmosphere where quality is significantly reduced, etc.
- Deficit Spending – Plain and simple this is a tax. When the government spends more money than it takes in, this is the same as increasing taxes. Sooner or later we will have to pay down the debt, which will come in the form of increased taxes or less government than we are paying for.
- Economy – Almost 8 percent of our workers are registered for unemployment benefits, with a real unemployment rate of almost 15%, according to Forbes. On top of that the Federal Government is choking the free enterprise system with all it’s oversight.
- The erosion of our Bill of Rights – Things like the National Defense Authorization Act, which Forbes said is “The National Defense Authorization Act is the Greatest Threat to Civil Liberties Americans Face”. And prior to that the Patriot Act signed into law by George Bush.
- Unconstitutional Federal Government – The Federal Governments is limited in action and authority by the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights. Currently our Federal Government is taking on substantially more authority than it is given by the Constitution. Read the Tenth Amendment and then you will understand our founders wanted a limited Federal Government. Read about the Tenth Amendment.
As I worked on the list one thought came to me. “Most of the problems we are experiencing today can be traced back to Big Government.“.
Then it occurred to me the reason Big Government is a problem is because we have removed God from almost every aspect of our lives. Pastors are not leading and Christians are willing to segregate their Christian faith from other aspects of their lives.
It was God, now it is Gov. Government has become America’s god.
The solution is simple. Ask God back into every aspect of our lives.
2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
We are living during an incredible time. We will see things we do not want to see and we will experience things we do not want to experience.
It is time for Christian conservatives to band together to deal with the issues facing America. If the United States is to return to the Constitution it will be because Christian conservatives banded together, followed their faith and impacted this land.
If you want to see what happens when God is on your side, read the story of Gideon, Judges chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Our strength comes from the Lord!